[Operators] Google Talk Doesn't Perform S2S with Random Jabber Servers

Keith Burgoyne keith at silverorange.com
Tue Feb 19 14:56:55 CST 2008

Hi All,

I found the post by Arnaud Abélard interesting. In it he claimed that he
has 2 jabber servers on the same subnet, running the same OS/jabberd
version, and gtalk is not working with one of them. I'm wondering if,
for some reason, google is black-listing certain jabber servers?

This might explain why I was able to do s2s communication with google
talk when I switched from ejabberd, to jabberd2. Now neither work.

Has anyone heard from Google on this?

Cheers,

Keith