[Operators] s2s presence packets not going to/from Gmail and Google Apps domains

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 19 15:05:44 CST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 14:46 -0600, Jesse Thompson wrote:
> I'm at a loss.  Has anyone else seen similar issues with Google?

mit.edu's XMPP service is also failing to federate with Google.  When I
tested, presence and message packets could flow from mit.edu to
gmail.com but not in the other direction.

Our test server federates with them fine.  I'll note that our production
server uses a SRV record (XMPP domain is mit.edu, server hostname is
jabber.mit.edu) but our test server does not (XMPP domain and server
hostname are both wocky.mit.edu).

Also see:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-talk-open/browse_thread/thread/c5f436974fafd197