[Operators] Google Talk Doesn't Perform S2S with RandomJabberServers

Florian Jensen admin at flosoft.biz
Wed Feb 20 11:01:55 CST 2008

<20080220165815.587AD21A845 at atlas.jabber.org> <4F788CCD-B071-47B2-8F2F-E75D06F4396C at monitzer.com>

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:00:41 +0100, Andreas Monitzer
<xmppoperator at monitzer.com> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2008, at 17:52, Florian Jensen wrote:
>
>> I think, but this might be wrong, that Google is currently using the
>> mentality of: We are the biggest XMPP Server, so we can lay down the
>> rules.
>> Other people should adopt them.
>
> That fits in nicely with them creating a lot of non-documented
> extensions to the protocol, even though there were official
> specifications for doing the same thing (file transfer, block lists,
> etc), and creating official specifications that they don't follow
> themselves (jingle).
>
> andy

Right. I don't think the XSF has anything to say, which is really a pity.
I see it as: Google started to use XMPP, as it is easy to implement. But
they never intended to really work on standard compliance. It's a pity.

Florian Jensen
--
Flosoft.biz / CEK Media Service
CEK Media Service