[Operators] Google Talk Doesn't Perform S2S with Random JabberServers

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Feb 20 22:02:59 CST 2008

Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2008, at 23:11, Tomasz Sterna wrote:
>
>> Dnia 2008-02-20, Śr o godzinie 18:00 +0100, Andreas Monitzer pisze:
>>> That fits in nicely with them creating a lot of non-documented
>>> extensions to the protocol, [...]
>>
>> http://code.google.com/apis/talk/jep_extensions/extensions.html
>>
>> Please...
>>
>> I don't like the jingle case either, but at least let's be honest...
>
> Well, please point me to the documentation of the file transfer protocol
> and their special way of treating MUC (just a simple standard MUC
> deployment would have been too easy for them I guess).
>
> They promised documentation for the former "real soon now" way back
> during SoC 2007.
>
> Also note that all of those protocols on the web site were documented
> *after* they were in full deployment on their server and supported by
> their client.

Hey folks, the purpose of this discussion list is not to bash Google or
any other operator, but to improve communication among operators of XMPP
services. I'm working to get some operators from Google to join this
forum, at which point I hope we'll get a clearer picture of the recent
s2s issues. And remember, you attract more flies with honey than with
vinegar...