[Operators] Recent Google XMPP Federation problems

Arnaud Abélard arnaud.abelard at univ-nantes.fr
Sun Feb 24 13:45:27 CST 2008

Justin Uberti wrote:
> All,
>
> The fix went into production today. XMPP Federation should be working
> normally for all domains.

Thank you very much for this update Justin. Is it normal that I can not
see anything change in the situation yet? Google still seem not to be
able to reach our domain.

The explanation you gave made me think about the fact we activated
google apps team edition on our domain to give it a try but we never
meant to enable gtalk for it. Our domain already has its XMPP service
running properly with the right SRV entries and all. I didn't think that
all our XMPP trafic would be rerouted back to google or is that actually
the problem the fix was supposed to, well...fix?

Am I the only one not noticing any improvement yet?

AA.

--
Arnaud Abélard (jabber: arnaud.abelard at univ-nantes.fr)
Administrateur Système