[Operators] Recent Google XMPP Federation problems

Andreas Monitzer xmppoperator at monitzer.com
Sun Feb 24 14:19:02 CST 2008

On Feb 24, 2008, at 21:12, David Horwitz wrote:

> What does it take to activate this? Do you need to supply come kind
> on domain ownership? Otherwise this is very bad (any one of our 26K+
> staff or students could kill our XMPP federation)

You have to either be able to alter the DNS settings (insert a record
they supply) or add a file to the top level of the webserver. If any
student of yours is able to do that, you have bigger issues at hand :)

btw, I'm using Google for Domains for my email, too. I disabled the
chat component, and since they fixed that bug, s2s to Gtalk works fine
now from my ejabberd 2.0 installation.

andy