[Operators] Recent Google XMPP Federation problems

Arnaud Abélard arnaud.abelard at univ-nantes.fr
Sun Feb 24 14:55:34 CST 2008

Arnaud Abélard wrote:
> Actually, i just noticed something bad, bad, bad from google. When
> activating Google Apps For Teams Edition, it actives gtalk automatically
> for the domain, so i guess the rerouting behavior was understandable in
> my case. I just disabled it, and hope we'll see some change in a few
> hours/days.

Pheww.. that actually did it. Looks like it's fixed now. Google assumes
that people subscribing to Apps Teams Edition don't have an xmpp service
  already running. That kind of dangerous, especially if activating the
domain doesn't give you access to the management pages right away.

Google should check by testing the SRV entries if an  XMPP service is
already provided by the domain before activating a non federated one
causing internal routing problems at google.

Arnaud

--
Arnaud Abélard (jabber: arnaud.abelard at univ-nantes.fr)
Administrateur Système