[Operators] Recent Google XMPP Federation problems

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Tue Feb 26 03:52:42 CST 2008

An update on this post some back and forth with the google help team. It
seems that anyone registering to use Google apps team edition on a
domain causes google the assume it handles XMPP for that domain - Until
the admin opts out.

So it looks like a student or staff member has registered to use google
apps on our domain. No admin has registered (confirmed by Google) yet
Google still seems to think it handles XMPP.

This is not good!

David

--
"It remains that, from the same principles, I now demonstrate the frame
of the System of the World." - Newton "Principia Mathematica"