[Operators] contact addresses

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Tue Feb 26 07:12:33 CST 2008

Hi,

On Feb 24, 2008, at 6:20 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> As you may know, we have defined some automated contact addresses for
> xmpp operators, such as mailto:xmpp at domain.tld and some native ways of
> advertising relevant JabberIDs. Details here:
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0157.html
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-
> rfc3920bis-04.html#contact
>
> It would be appreciated for all good xmpp operators to support these
> addresses. :)

I think having the contact addresses is very important, and the
second link is easily implemented as a forward address on most servers.

The first link though, requires server modifications, so it will take
some time. But I think we should re-think the usage of XEP-0157. I'll
raise my concerns on the std list, though.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org