[Operators] Google Talk federation problems (still)

Justin Uberti juberti at google.com
Thu Feb 28 13:19:33 CST 2008

Hi Jeff,
There was an email from Adam Fass earlier this week explaining the nature of
the issue. Basically when Google Apps Team Edition was launched, it caused
routing for some federated domains to be affected. This was an accident and
federation should now be restored; work is also being done to prevent this
from occurring for any future federated domains.

Are there other concerns that you have with the Google Talk service? XMPP is
very important to us, and we want to make sure we maintain a positive dialog
with other XMPP operators.

--justin