[Operators] Google Talk federation problems (still)

Jeff McAdams jeffm at iglou.com
Thu Feb 28 15:13:19 CST 2008

Jeff McAdams wrote:
> Justin Uberti wrote:
>> There was an email from Adam Fass earlier this week explaining the nature of
>> the issue. Basically when Google Apps Team Edition was launched, it caused
>> routing for some federated domains to be affected. This was an accident and
>> federation should now be restored; work is also being done to prevent this
>> from occurring for any future federated domains.
>
> Ok, then apparently there are other problems as I'm having difficulties
> connecting to domains that *are* validly hosted on Google Talk hosted,
> and at least one of them has been for months and months and just broke
> recently.

Whether through the action of any googlers, or if it was just a
transient thing, this seems to have cleared up, at least for the time being.

If it was through the action of googlers, thanks much!  If not, well,
thanks anyway for listening to me in my frustration.
--
Jeff McAdams
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."