[Operators] domain hosting and certificates

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 4 15:03:08 CST 2008

Kevin Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Jesse Thompson
> <jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu> wrote:
>>  The only other client I've tested is Psi (which is the client that we
>>  recommend to users) and it doesn't accept the wildcard certificate as
>>  valid for the domain even if I don't manually specify the connect server.
>
> Go bug the developers with the details, as far as I know (valid)
> wildcards should work fine.

Well good, there is a bug in Psi, and now there is a fix in svn slated
for the next release.  :)  Kudos to the Psi developers on a quick
turnaround.

So, I guess that leaves an opening for wildcard certificates for the
original problem I pose.  It's still not ideal since wildcard certs
won't work with all of the domains, but it's something.

If anyone has any other suggestions on how to handle certificates for
hosted domains let me know.

Jesse

--
   Jesse Thompson