[Operators] Launching XMPP anti-abuse initiative

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Sun May 4 08:15:54 CDT 2008

Hello,

I feel it is time to work more publicly on something we have been
working since a while now at ProcessOne.

We have deployed ejabberd on many of the largest public XMPP
deployment. As such we see with our customers lots if not all possible
real life abuse cases.
Since one year now, we have started an internal initiative to protect
deployed servers against those known abuses. For us, it consists in
providing patch to fight such a case, but also tools to enforce users
behaviours.

I think that the awareness of such problem as risen recently and we
would like to open this initiative to people interested in thinking
with us about possible abuse cases and solutions, implementation, best
pratices and collective mecanism to limit those problems.

We have opened a wiki (account needed to edit pages) and we will be
moving progressivelly our internal content to this space:
https://support.process-one.net/doc/display/XAAI/Home

Please, drop me a mail if you would like to get an account to work
with us on this topic.

I hope this helps :)

--
Mickaël Rémond