[Operators] [Fwd: [ejabberd] Your server is a part of spammer/flood botnet!]

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Sun May 4 23:09:40 CDT 2008

On 05/04/2008 2:52 PM, Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> Dnia 2008-05-04, nie o godzinie 14:15 +0200, Mickaël Rémond pisze:
>> We need to have a registration mecanism that works inband and allow
>> server owner to customize it to fit their process and policy.
>
> XEP-0077 is already extensible:
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0077.html#extensibility

Correct. What we need is better definitions of that extensibility, for
example here:

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0158.html

However, that doesn't give you a real workflow. For most EBIA (email
based identification and authentication) systems you visit the website,
receive an email with a token, and visit the website again, at which
time you provide the token. Right now we don't have a way to do that in
XEP-0077, but we might be able to do it with some combination of XEPs
77, 158, and 235.