[Operators] more s2s issues with google talk

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:44:45 CST 2008

HI,
last month we moved our server to a new hosting service and we noticed
glitches while connecting to google talk servers. I thought it was due
the ip change and some long dns caching by google servers.
Unfortunately during the last month the problem has become worse and
it involves different jabber domains we setup for testing. It seems
somewhat related to the originating IP, since servers from some
addresses can almost always connect why others seem blocked (though
they sometime connect, which excludes misconfigurations).
The problem is always the same: apparently google doen't open the
dialback connection, while it correctly answers to the first stream;
therefore after a timeout a client tryng to send a message to a google
talk contact receives a "remote server not found" error. Finally the
problem is not confined to a single server, bit it has been verified
with both ejabberd and openfire.
Is anyone having similiar issues?

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.