[Operators] Issues connecting to jabber.co.za

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Oct 13 15:21:44 CDT 2008

Norman Rasmussen wrote:
> I'm currently having issues connecting to jabber.co.za
> <http://jabber.co.za> from darkskies.za.net <http://darkskies.za.net>
> using TLS.  It seems that the TLS negotiation fails, and jabberd2
> doesn't fall back to non-TLS in that case.
>
> Can anyone else confirm this?

I haven't been able to confirm this. Do you run jabberd2? Do you know
what software runs at jabber.co.za? I think it's ejabberd.

The output of 'openssl s_client -connect your.server.tld:5223' reveals
that jabber.co.za has a cert from Thawte. Does anyone know what root
cert to use for verification? It seems that thawte-roots.zip has lots of
certs in it. :/