[Operators] TLS, certificates, heartache, and pain.

Norman Rasmussen norman at rasmussen.co.za
Wed Oct 15 06:30:51 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> You're offering *me* a client cert, certainly, and I'm signalling it's
> good.

I'm pretty sure jabberd2 isn't offering a client cert, because I found a
server that requires any client cert, that it won't connect to.  Also the
code passes NULL at that point, see
http://jabberd2.xiaoka.com/ticket/255<http://jabberd2.xiaoka.com/ticket/255#comment:2>

At the same time from the log, it _does_ look like you server extracted my
cert details from somewhere, before it made the dial-back connection.  So
maybe it's just another weird bug somewhere.

Color me confused!

--
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: norman at rasmussen.co.za