[Operators] [Fwd: [Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0205 (Best Practices to Discourage Denial of Service Attacks)]
stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Oct 22 17:16:16 CDT 2008
I'd love some feedback from this group on the topic of DoS.
-------- Original Message --------
From: XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org>
To: standards at xmpp.org
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:51:29 -0500
Subject: [Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0205 (Best Practices to Discourage
Denial of Service Attacks)
This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0205
(Best Practices to Discourage Denial of Service Attacks).
Abstract: This document recommends a number of practices that can help
discourage denial of service attacks on XMPP-based networks.
This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on
Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send
your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack
or to clarify an existing protocol?
2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction
3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why
4. Do you have any security concerns related to this specification?
5. Is the specification accurate and clearly written?
Your feedback is appreciated!
More information about the Operators