[Operators] Strange registrations

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Apr 7 11:47:29 CDT 2009

On 4/3/09 12:57 PM, Badlop wrote:
> You asked:
>
> 2009/3/27 Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>:
>> I agree that we need good web-registration support. Does anyone have a
>> good set of pages for this (e.g., PHP)?
>
> And clarified your question:
>
> 2009/3/27 Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>:
>> I guess I was asking if any XMPP operator was currently using a web
>> registration interface that other operators could reuse.
>
> Among other people, I provided two alternatives:
>
> On 3/30/09 7:50 AM, Badlop wrote:
>> mod_register_web is a module for ejabberd that provides a public web
>> http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_register_web
>> Jabber Registration Tool
>> http://www.jabberes.org/jrt/
>
> In the end no solution satisfied the requirements, so you wrote your own:
>
> 2009/4/3 Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>:
>> As might have noticed, at jabber.org we decided to write our own custom
>> registration page (thanks, MattJ!):
>
> Now the obvious question is:
> what about publishing the source code so other XMPP operators can reuse?

Matthew Wild (who wrote the code) plans to open-source it, but he wants
to get a few people to look at it first so that we can make sure it
doesn't contain any serious security vulnerabilities. If anyone would
like to help with that, ping me or MattJ off-list, preferably in the
chatroom at operators at conference.jabber.org.

Thanks!