[Operators] google talk muc invitations

Leonid Evdokimov leon at darkk.net.ru
Thu Apr 16 14:52:18 CDT 2009

Justin Uberti wrote:
> The existing Google Talk client doesn't support MUC, so it provides the
> link to the web client as a workaround.

But if romeo at gmail.com uses some client that supports MUC he still
receives message with link instead of proper invitation stanza.

I would like to know if the trouble with registering at various jabber
transports is caused by the same idea: "official Google Talk client does
not support that — let's just drop stanzas going to any other client".

I may also assume, that these limitations on transports usage are caused
by some legal limitations, but the answer of Google Employee at the
thread describing the issue[1] was too vague to confirm/deny the assumption.

I can provide all relevant traffic dumps (both s2s and client-to-gmail).
Feel free to contact me if you need them.

[1] http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Talk/thread?tid=28ea57ad8c3ad591

--
WBRBW, Leonid Evdokimov