[Operators] google talk muc invitations

Leonid Evdokimov leon at darkk.net.ru
Mon Apr 20 03:42:48 CDT 2009

Fabio Forno wrote:
>> Please send us a specific description of the steps to reproduce the 2
>> problems mentioned and we can take a look. There have been a number of
>> recent changes in how addressing is handled on the Google Talk service, and
>> it's possible that some of these changes had side effects.

According to the thread the bug is more than half a year old...

> Second bad behavior (also related to transports):
> - login into a gtalk account using psi
> - add a contact without the username part (e.g. fireeagle.com), which
> is how usual transports are added (eg. msn.jabber.net)
> - the server ignores the request
> - try it with any other jabber server and it works

Moreover, you can send following stanza in XML-console:

<presence to="transport.example.org" />

to log into transport after registration with the transport via
jabber:iq:register, and it works, though you don't have transport in
roster and have to send the stanza with XML-console.

--
WBRBW, Leonid Evdokimov