[Operators] Server Software Choice

Jonathan Schleifer js-xmpp-operators at webkeks.org
Fri Apr 24 07:44:32 CDT 2009

Am 24.04.2009 um 13:46 schrieb Taylor Laramie:

> I knew about the TLS issue (we have our load balancers handle the
> decryption) but mod_pubsub wasn't. Something I'll have to keep and
> eye on
> for our cluster.

Well, especially PEP performs bad. If your audio player runs wild and
throws out a few hundred PEP events (Audacious likes to do this if the
only file in the playlist is broken and repeat activated. Shame on me
for not having this fixed yet :/), ejabberd will be at 100% CPU for
minutes. If you send out a few more PEP events, it can even get hours.

> Currently our ejabberd installation runs fine and has only crashed
> once in
> the last year and a half due to the disk it was on running out of
> space. Not
> that the processes had that kind of uptime though due to
> adding-vhosts-requires-restarts 'quirk'.

Hehe, / being full was the only crash I had so far as well.

--
Jonathan