[Operators] Server Software Choice

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 09:25:33 CDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Maissel, Joe
<joe.maissel at credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible to have this is discussion in an XMPP based chat room?  I might be more lively,
> productive, and would minimize email traffic?  Peter?

I think that, given that a number of operators that seem to be having
problems with ejabberd performance, discussions on the operators list
about this are probably very useful. I had no idea that TLS was part
of the memory usage issues, for example (although I did know about the
PEP problems).

I think it's useful that we have a venue here where server admins and
server vendors can discuss operational issues like these (although
it's important that we don't have these threads turning into
advertisments by the vendors, and that we don't start any emacs-vs-vi
style wars).

Best,
/K