[Operators] Remove old unused accounts?

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Thu Dec 10 12:17:23 CST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> That said, there is a minor security concern here. MUC rooms and PubSub
> nodes could garbage-collect owners and admins/publishers, just as core
> XMPP services do. This is another reason to put such entities in the
> user's roster.

That's the solution I come up with when I think about this. Pair it
with roster annotations (real annotations, rather than the iq:private
based ones) saying 'not contact list users' or something and there's
no reason for this to not be common practice, I think. It also solves
the 'argh, what pubsub services am I subscribed to?' problem if we
start putting them in the roster.

/K