[Operators] Remove old unused accounts?

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Thu Dec 10 13:19:43 CST 2009

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> That said, there is a minor security concern here. MUC rooms and PubSub
> nodes could garbage-collect owners and admins/publishers, just as core
> XMPP services do. This is another reason to put such entities in the
> user's roster.

It wouldn't however be the only one. What happens if, say, some other
mathias.ertl at jabber.org posts a lot of warez (or anything illegal for
that matter... child porn?) into a forum and then also posts his JID for
some reason. Then years later I register that same ID (works, because
the old one has been deleted). Then I apply for a Job somewhere and
someone googles my name... shit just happened :-P

Come to think of it, the same would happen if that other guy still uses
that ID... hmm, maybe its not so much a problem.

greetings, Mati

--
I only read plain text mail! I prefer pgp|gpg signed & encrypted mails!