[Operators] federated muc

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Dec 21 12:25:38 CST 2009

Hi,

On 2009/12/21, at 18:23, Jesse Thompson wrote:

> We currently do not publish SRV records for our muc service in our
> domains, which effectively keeps external users out of our rooms.
>
> If we allow external users to connect to our rooms, how likely is it
> that spammers and trolls will abuse our rooms?

Not publishing a SRV is not as strong as an ACL. If my server supports
it, I can add a static DNS route for your chatroom domain, and it will
work.

It would be best if you could write a ACL preventing non-local users
to access your conference service. Check your server documentation to
see if they support that type of thing.

Bye,