[Operators] federated muc

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 12:39:44 CST 2009

2009/12/21 Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org>:
> It would be best if you could write a ACL preventing non-local users to
> access your conference service. Check your server documentation to see if
> they support that type of thing.

The Jabber server in question may be doit.wisc.edu, which runs ejabberd.

The current configuration is probably like this:

{acl, local, {user_regexp, ""}}.
{access, muc, [{allow, all}]}.
{modules, [
  {mod_muc,      [
                  {access, muc},
                  {access_create, muc},
                  {access_persistent, muc},
                  {access_admin, muc_admin}
                 ]},
]}.

The change pointed by Pedro is simple, replace:
{access, muc, [{allow, all}]}.
with:
{access, muc, [{allow, local},{deny,all}]}.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne