[Operators] federated muc

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:00:04 CST 2009

2009/12/21 Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu>:

>> The change pointed by Pedro is simple, replace:
>
> <snip>
>
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> If we keep the configuration the same and we publish in DNS, how likely is
> it that spammers and trolls will abuse our rooms?

How likely is it that it's going to rain tomorrow? A lot of people
think they might know, but probably the only certain thing is that it
will happen at some point :)

Think about it from the ground up... where will the spammer find your
server/conference address? If it's public and in some list then it's
certainly going to happen sooner or later (we've already seen it on
jabber.org). It's not very common, but it happens every now and then.

If your server isn't so easy to find then perhaps you'll be safe for a
while, who knows? :)

Matthew