[Operators] Flood from uaznia.net users

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 08:34:16 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Grégoire Menuel
> <gregoire.menuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yesterday some of the users of my MUC server (chat.jabberfr.org)
>> complained about some flood coming from the uaznia.net server. A
>> dizains of users from this server have joined the same room, without
>> saying anything. Does anyone had the same thing on his server ?
> Yes, I got a similar report from participants of a room in jabberes.org
> Flood started in 8 January 2009 at 1:41 GMT
> and continued for two hours.
> The JIDs were from uaznia.net
> Logs:
> http://jabberes.org:5280/muclogs/jabberes%40conf.jabberes.org/2009/01/08.html#01:41:13

See also: http://logs.jabber.org/jdev@conference.jabber.org/2009-01-07.html#19:18:32

I put it down in the end to just one 'innocent' user testing
something, though I had my fingers ready to ban the lot if they began
anything. The odd thing is that they don't seem to be bots, but lots
of Gajim instances. Puzzling for sure, and now my doubts are raised
that they are really as clueless as they made out to be.


More information about the Operators mailing list