[Operators] How can I tell if gtalk thinks it authoritative for my XMPP domain?

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 28 08:13:23 CST 2009

Daniel Renfer wrote:
> You could always just log into the Google Apps control panel page and
> see if you have chat enabled.

Remember that any user of a domain can enable Google Apps without
authorization from an administrator of the domain.  In order to disable
Chat from your domain that was created in this fashion, you have to go
through the domain authorization process and accept their license
agreement.  By doing this, you boost G-Apps' number of authorized active
domains, which further justifies their domain-hijacking practices.

Jesse

--
   Jesse Thompson
   Division of Information Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
   Email/IM: jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu