[Operators] Online real time monitoring

Alexandr Shapoval rain at richim.org
Sun Jul 5 10:48:23 CDT 2009

Hi all!
I have a suggestion for monitoring Jabber services. You can see basic
example of it at http://richim.org/monitor_en.php. Monitoring of the
service is powered by Nagios. Survey of services
occurs instantly once for 15(in my example, may be different) minutes.
Nagios uses a modular architecture and allows you to monitor a large
number of diverse services. Each module is independent, called by the
daemon, performs validation and returns the result to the daemon.
A daemon collects statistics in a special data file. Adding new servers
to the monitoring carried out by adding information about the server in
nagios configuration. In this example, I used the function parsing the
data file written in PHP from SNPI by Bianchini Stefano. There is also a
possibility to use a database to store information about the status of
services and perhaps about the servers. If interested, I will continue
investigations in this direction.

--
Alexandr Shapoval