[Operators] Attention: spammer/virus circulator using MUC

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 22:41:39 CDT 2009

Sean Dilda wrote:
> This looks good.  Has there been any thought to doing this with more
> than just numbers?
Perhaps, the only question is what letters should we use? Latin letters?
But, for example, 90% of people in Russia don't understand all letters
from latin alphabet. Perhaps we need to rely on "xml:lang" attribute,
but this may cause problems with fonts in captcha generators.

> I'm really glad to see the web-based fallback.  I was worried only
> users with new enough clients would be able to access the MUCs.
>
> I noticed in your TKabber example that the user sees the OCR popup as
> well as the link to the web fallback.   Is there a way to make sure
> the user only sees one?  Or is this something that needs to be cleaned
> up in the xep and/or client?   What happens if the user correctly does
> the OCR popup in TKabber, then goes to the link and does it again?
As Sergei Golovan said there is a problem in Tkabber: the message window
should not pop up. You may want to get more info from Tkabber developers
in the corresponding list.

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.