[Operators] msn virus hitting transports?

Norman Rasmussen norman at rasmussen.co.za
Mon Mar 16 07:11:25 CDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Fabio Forno <fabio.forno at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I've recently noticed any insane amount of traffic in the python
> msn transport. After a quick investigation I've discovered that it is
> due to some msn client continuously sending invite packets like the
> following one, appearing a virus trying to send some file:
>
> Has anybody noticed the same problem? Any idea about how blocking this
> annoyance? (I was thinking of tinkering the msn gateway and throttle
> or drop the connection, but perhaps there is something faster)

It was poorly coded p2p interaction that the new official MSN client
exposed.

see:
http://groups.google.com/group/py-transports/browse_thread/thread/ce7199f6ad3f81d0/5e20ef1b4cc57b3d

the hg repo has fixes, there's also a patch linked to in the thread if you
don't want to use hg for some strange reason.

--
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: norman at rasmussen.co.za
- Home page: http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/