[Operators] Strange registrations

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 08:50:23 CDT 2009

2009/3/27 Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>:
> I agree that we need good web-registration support. Does anyone have a
> good set of pages for this (e.g., PHP)?

mod_register_web is a module for ejabberd that provides a public web
page where people can register accounts in the local server, change
password and delete the account. I've improved mod_register_web, so
the registration page displays a captcha. It uses ejabberd_captcha, so
ejabberd trunk SVN is required.

It relies in ejabberd's HTTP server, Captcha module and authentication
methods, so it doesn't require additional web server (Apache), PHP or
captcha programs over what ejabberd trunk SVN already requires.

Screenshots:
http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_register_web

The closest alternative to mod_register_web that I remember is Jabber
Registration Tool
http://www.jabberes.org/jrt/

---
Badlop,