[Operators] DNSBLs

Norman Rasmussen norman at rasmussen.co.za
Sat Nov 14 06:57:19 CST 2009

I was under the impression the DNS block lists don't work well anymore (too
many false positive, not enough true negatives)

XMPP validates the sending server via tls and/or dns (dial-back), so it
removes many of the unauthenticated problems of SMTP.  XMPP are also working
on allowing servers to inter-operate (XEP-0158, XEP-0159 and XEP-0161) to
help block clients clients that are spamming.

--
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: norman at rasmussen.co.za
- Home page: http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/