[Operators] Please temporarily remove moo.im

Timon Reinhard timon at lizmo.de
Thu Sep 10 01:42:40 CDT 2009

Matthew,

Am 09.09.2009 um 14:50 schrieb Matthew Wild:

> Hey,
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Timon Reinhard<timon at lizmo.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> due to massive spam/bot registrations I have disabled in-band
>> registration
>> for moo.im. It will take me some time to get an alternative
>> registration
>> (webform + captcha) running, so for the meantime, please remove
>> moo.im from
>> the list of public XMMP services.
>>

> I'm curious... which data backend do you use on your server?

I use a mysql backend. Some months ago I hacked together a web-based
registration thingy but until now I hadn't the time to finally
implement it -- hope to get it running soon.

> If postgres then the code for http://register.jabber.org/ may be
> helpful
> to you, and it might give me the final kick needed for releasing it :)

Sharing code with the public is always a good thing, so go for it. :)

> My current plans are to have it use in-band registration to make it
> work with any server. Then you can simply whitelist localhost for
> registration in the server config.

Smart solution. I would be glad to help if you need someone to test it.

Best regards,
Timon Reinhard