[Operators] Operators Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5

Nigel Kukard nkukard at lbsd.net
Thu Sep 17 06:22:52 CDT 2009

> I had heaps of trouble installing the chained certificate from
> XMPP.net on Openfire

I had no problems at all, apart from downloading and installing the
unlimited java key size whatever it was. Openfire 3.6.4 , just copied
and pasted the key and the cert and bobs your uncle, up and running
after a quick restart.

> You can get a single root certificate cheaply by purchasing a cheap
> chained one from GoDaddy using the SSL promo codes that get it down to
> $13.00 and then go to RapidSSL who do a free competitor SSL exchange
> to trade it in and you get a single root SSL from them.
>
> This may work with the chained certificate from XMPP so you could
> potentially get a single root SSL for free.

I had more problems installing a CA signed commercial cert than I did
the XMPP.net cert.

-N