[Operators] Some public XMPP services seems to not be available anymore

naw lambda512 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 07:10:34 CDT 2010

On Miércoles 11 Agosto 2010 13:58:56 Will Sheward escribió:
>   On 11/08/2010 12:51, naw wrote:
> > Hello, some of the services in http://xmpp.org/services/ seem to not be available anymore, so maybe you will want to update the list.
>
> I suspect that this list isn't realistically maintainable given the
> proliferation of XMPP services. It may be better to retire this page*
> and simply announce (and tag) new services on the blog.

I maintain http://www.jabberes.org/servers/ which scans the servers so it can be used to look what servers have been offline since some months.

The server list is a mix between the xmpp.org list and a partially cleaned version of the old jabber.org list.

PS: Also, the xmpp bot that generates the list seems to be hit from some kind of bug that I haven't been capable to reproduce on my machine, so the number of scans is far lower than it should be.