[Operators] Openfire 3.6.4 (jabber.iitsp.com) vs. jabber.org

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Jul 5 05:37:27 CDT 2010

On Mon Jul  5 10:59:43 2010, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> If it was C, I would be hacking the code and adding debugging to see
> where the connection is terminating ... etc.

I'd be (secretly, of course) delighted if this were a reason to move
from a competitor's product, but that's not the case here. Even if
this server were written in C, with nice debugging support, and you
had the source, this wouldn't help you. M-Link's dropping the
connection on its side because it thinks you're running a protocol it
doesn't recognise, so you'd need to debug that.

Luckily, M-Link *is* written in C, and I do have the source, as well
as a debug build that's duplicating the problem, so I'll take a look.
:-)

> > I think it's responding with a TLS subversion M-Link doesn't
> support.
> > I'll chase this up with our nice TLS people and find out why.
>
> Thanks man. Nothing has changed on our side at all, same code, md5's
> exactly with a backup 1yr ago. Very odd it should break suddenly.

I can't discuss Isode customers, however I can tell you that I
upgraded my server to a more recent build of M-Link and haven't
noticed this issue before, so I'm pretty sure it's our side.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/