[Operators] Openfire 3.6.4 (jabber.iitsp.com) vs. jabber.org

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Jul 5 07:02:40 CDT 2010

On Mon Jul  5 11:37:27 2010, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Mon Jul  5 10:59:43 2010, Nigel Kukard wrote:
>> If it was C, I would be hacking the code and adding debugging to
>> see
>> where the connection is terminating ... etc.
>
> I'd be (secretly, of course) delighted if this were a reason to
> move  from a competitor's product, but that's not the case here.
> Even if  this server were written in C, with nice debugging
> support, and you  had the source, this wouldn't help you. M-Link's
> dropping the  connection on its side because it thinks you're
> running a protocol it  doesn't recognise, so you'd need to debug
> that.
>
> Luckily, M-Link *is* written in C, and I do have the source, as
> well  as a debug build that's duplicating the problem, so I'll take
> a look.  :-)

Okay, source not needed - I ran up Wireshark, and looked at what's
going on.

What happens is:

I say "<starttls/>".

You say "<proceed/>". This is good.

I say "TLS ClientHello".

You say - outside of TLS - "<failure/>". This, as they say, is not
good - we're certainly not expecting to see that there.

Can you try to send something to my personal IM account?
dwd at dave.cridland.net

I've got wireshark running, so should be able to see what happens in
the opposite direction.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/