[Operators] Openfire 3.6.4 (jabber.iitsp.com) vs. jabber.org

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 6 10:10:45 CDT 2010

On 07/03/2010 04:14 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:
> I also had doubts
> about using a "scripting language" for such a big project. Suffice to
> say that over the past couple of years my doubts are well and truly
> gone:)  In fact I find the definition of "scripting language" rather
> vague now.

Yeah, "scripting" describes something that you can do with a language.
But that doesn't mean that a language that is good for scripting doesn't
also excel in other paradigms.

The choice of language doesn't really matter.  Bad programmers can write
bad software regardless of the language they use.  Great programmers can
write great software regardless of the language they use.

Jesse