[Operators] Openfire 3.6.4 (jabber.iitsp.com) vs. jabber.org

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Jul 6 10:24:59 CDT 2010

On Tue Jul  6 15:53:11 2010, Jesse Thompson wrote:
> I haven't looked into prosody.  ejabberd is the best option, that I
> am aware of, for hosting lots of virtual domains (although it would
> be nice if they added the ability to add domains on the fly without
> requiring a restart of the server.)

FWIW, Prosody allows that, as does M-Link.

As for administrative UIs - M-Link uses XEP-0133 ad-hoc commands for
most things, and also gives admins direct access via desktop GUI to
the [L]DAP directory it stores things in. I believe Prosody is
getting XEP-0133 soon, too.

I think operators thankfully have quite a few options for serious
XMPP hosting, which is good - I think - for the operator community.
Us implementors actually have serious competition, and therefore
incentive to push our products, for one thing.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/