[Operators] gtalk s2s internal server error?

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 07:47:06 CDT 2010

On 28 July 2010 13:40, Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/7/28 Maxime Chéramy <maxime81 at gmail.com>:
>> Since few days, s2s between my server and gtalk is not working properly :
>> Sometimes I receive presence event but I can't talk to people which are on
>> gtalk : remote-server-not-found
>> The same for the MUC (gtalk users can't join my rooms).
>>
>> I have no problem with the other servers. And I changed nothing.
>>
>> Any idea ?
>
> No idea yet, I'm also getting problems with my own domain and gtalk.

Possible workaround crafted in jdev, maybe a couple more people can
confirm it works:

Add to /etc/hosts:
74.125.47.125 xmpp-server.l.google.com
74.125.47.125 xmpp-server1.l.google.com
74.125.47.125 xmpp-server2.l.google.com
74.125.47.125 xmpp-server3.l.google.com
74.125.47.125 xmpp-server4.l.google.com

If anyone is using Prosody (or even something else that isn't
ejabberd) and having issues, it'd be interesting to know... the only
person to report issues with Prosody so far started this thread, and
was using 0.6.1 (2 versions old) - I know I'm seeing no issues on my 2
servers at least.

Matthew