[Operators] gtalk s2s internal server error?

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Jul 28 09:26:32 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Matthew Wild <mwild1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 July 2010 13:40, Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:
>> 2010/7/28 Maxime Chéramy <maxime81 at gmail.com>:
>>> Since few days, s2s between my server and gtalk is not working properly :
>>> Sometimes I receive presence event but I can't talk to people which are on
>>> gtalk : remote-server-not-found
>>> The same for the MUC (gtalk users can't join my rooms).
>>>
>>> I have no problem with the other servers. And I changed nothing.
>>>
>>> Any idea ?
>>
>> No idea yet, I'm also getting problems with my own domain and gtalk.
>>

> Possible workaround crafted in jdev, maybe a couple more people can
> confirm it works:
>
> Add to /etc/hosts:
> 74.125.47.125 xmpp-server.l.google.com
> 74.125.47.125 xmpp-server1.l.google.com
> 74.125.47.125 xmpp-server2.l.google.com
> 74.125.47.125 xmpp-server3.l.google.com
> 74.125.47.125 xmpp-server4.l.google.com
>
> If anyone is using Prosody (or even something else that isn't
> ejabberd) and having issues, it'd be interesting to know... the only
> person to report issues with Prosody so far started this thread, and
> was using 0.6.1 (2 versions old) - I know I'm seeing no issues on my 2
> servers at least.

I'm using ejabberd (an old version, ejabberd-2.0.1) and with or
without those lines in /etc/hosts I have the problem.

Funny enough, I only have problems with subdomains. My main domain,
simplicidade.org, works fine. Two of my service domains,
rasputine.simplicidade.org and tarpipe.simplicidade.org, fail in the
handshake with Google.

Both were fine 2 or 3 days ago.

Bye,
--