[Operators] Services list maintainance

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Apr 6 06:24:27 CST 2011

On 4/6/11 2:55 AM, Ben Zimmer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> just wanted to know if there are any plans on reviving the
> services-list?

In fact there are. :) I've been diligently working on my email backlog.
Currently of the 200 messages in my inbox 50+ are related to service
registrations. I'm planning to start processing those again in the next
few days. But of course help would be appreciated.

> All applications in last half year were kind of ignored
> (at least from my point of view), so I wanted to ask if there is
> anything people (e.g. me) can do to help maintaining the list.

I can give you permissions to modify the XML source file. Perhaps you
(and others) could also check all of the old registrations to see if
they are still valid.

> Mathias Ertl proposed a tool to reduce manual work here,
> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/operators/2011-January/001065.html

That would be helpful.

> but (again, from my pov) nobody really seems to care.

I care, but I've been very busy.

> It would be great if the "show-stoppers" could be identified and we
> could see a refreshed list some time soon...

Agreed.