[Operators] Services list maintainance

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Wed Apr 6 06:47:53 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, April 06, 2011 02:24:27 pm Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> In fact there are. :) I've been diligently working on my email backlog.
> Currently of the 200 messages in my inbox 50+ are related to service
> registrations. I'm planning to start processing those again in the next
> few days. But of course help would be appreciated.

I know that this is a bit of a troll-statement, but I've volunteered so many
times I've stopped counting. I even contributed code and quite a bit of time
when you asked if somebody could write that tool and I haven't gotten a single
response from Peter or anybody from the XSF. The list is not even linked to on
xmpp.org anymore. Its not prominently linked to on jabber.org and the link has
disappeared silently and "by accident" more than once.

Here is a statement from Peter when I tried (the request was ignored three
times) to register jabber.fsinf.at:

On Wednesday, May 21, 2008 06:02:01 am Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I think the request was fine. We're just now working through a backlog
> of requests. Sorry for the delay.

... which is staggeringly telling considering the introductory quote. I don't
think the situation has ever changed since then despite countless people
volunteering to help.

greetings, Mati

--
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!