[Operators] For Openfire admins

Claudiu Curcă claudiu at coderollers.com
Mon Apr 18 16:32:12 UTC 2011

Hello,

I don't know how many of you have noticed it, but in OF 3.7.0, a bug was
introduced which prevented dialback from working properly. Since OF also has
a weird way of handling secure connections, it usually relies on Dialback,
especially when dealing with other server types in S2S communication.

I've noticed this only recently, when I couldn't subscribe to swen [at]
jabberheaven.com.

Apparently, the issue is known
(http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-443) but there seems to be
little to no support from the official OF team. I've successfully managed to
patch OF 3.7.0 using the patch from
http://community.igniterealtime.org/servlet/JiveServlet/download/211004-10758/openfire-of443.patch.zip
(by Gordon Messmer) and dialback works fine again. If there are any Openfire
admins around who have the problem, try using the patch.

Last but not least, I wish to know which is the status of the new entry
requests for the public XMPP server list. Openfire users might have had
problems getting contacted by the moderators because of the above issue.

Also, awesome work on the new xmpp.org website!

--
Claudiu CURCĂ