[Operators] fallback, gmail and s2s

Marco Cirillo maranda at lightwitch.org
Wed Apr 27 01:36:54 UTC 2011

Il 27/04/2011 02:31, sergio ha scritto:
> Hello.
>
> I've already tried to solve this problem in ejabberd maillist,
> ejabberd forum,
> and ejabberd jabber room, but without success. May be here somebody
> can help
> me.
>
> I have jabber server which works fine even with gmail. And I want to add
> fallback sever.
>
> DNS looks so:
> _xmpp-client._tcp.my-jabber.tld. SRV 10 0 5222 master.tld.
> _xmpp-server._tcp.my-jabber.tld. SRV 10 0 5269 master.tld.
> _jabber._tcp.my-jabber.tld.      SRV 10 0 5269 master.tld.
>
> _xmpp-client._tcp.my-jabber.tld. SRV 20 0 5222 slave.tld.
> _xmpp-server._tcp.my-jabber.tld. SRV 20 0 5269 slave.tld.
> _jabber._tcp.my-jabber.tld.      SRV 20 0 5269 slave.tld.
>
> When I turn off master all works fine except gmail.com.  From the start
> ejabberd on fallback server I see three "wait for validation" errors:
> Trying to open s2s connection: jabber.ru.net -> gmail.com with TLS=false
> wait for validation: jabber.ru.net -> gmail.com (closed)
>
> And one "invalid dialback" error:
> Trying to open s2s connection: jabber.ru.net -> gmail.com with TLS=false
> Closing s2s connection: jabber.ru.net -> gmail.com (invalid dialback key)
>
> And many "wait for validation" errors after that.
>
> Does anybody have fallback jabber sever which works with gmail?
> Does anybody have any experience in fallbacking jabber?
>
> --
> sergio.
I suppose that your server and/or the google server is sending (/back)
the wrong dialback key. But my ejabberd knowledge is very limited so as
why it happens I'm not sure.

Digging here and there on Google, it looks there're several related
problems, maybe this could apply?
http://www.ejabberd.im/fix-dns-srv

Also I think you can safely remove the _jabber. SRV record as it's not
used anymore.