[Operators] fallback, gmail and s2s

sergio mailbox at sergio.spb.ru
Wed Apr 27 02:04:12 UTC 2011

> Do you have problems communicating with services other than gmail.com
> (e.g., jabber.org or jabber.ru)? Google Talk does some creative things
> with XMPP sometimes.

No. I don't have any problems with jabber.org, jabber.ru and many other.

P.S.
Really I don't have connection with livejournal.com, but this is LJ
problems, not mine:
% host -t srv _xmpp-server._tcp.livejournal.com
_xmpp-server._tcp.livejournal.com has SRV record 0 10 5269
xmpp.services.livejournal.com.
% host xmpp.services.livejournal.com
xmpp.services.livejournal.com has address 208.93.0.128
% telnet xmpp.services.livejournal.com xmpp-server
Trying 208.93.0.128...
% telnet xmpp.services.livejournal.com xmpp-client
Trying 208.93.0.128...

But livejournal.com accepts connections:
% telnet livejournal.com xmpp-server
Trying 208.93.0.168...
Connected to livejournal.com.
% telnet livejournal.com xmpp-client
Trying 208.93.0.168...
Connected to livejournal.com.

Should A record be tried after SRV fail?

--
sergio.