[Operators] about srv record
eric at cirr.com
Sun Aug 14 14:48:17 UTC 2011
- On 08/14/2011 12:50 PM, Kevin Smith wrote:
- > _xmpp_client_.tcp.alice.com and _xmpp_server._tcp.alice.com to point
- > to A records of bob.com (e.g. xmpp1.bob.com/xmpp2.bob.com), that will
- > do the job.
- Yes, I know. Now I have such config now. But the idea is to delegate Bob
- more power. (For example to add or change more xmpp servers.)
Why not just have xmpp.bob.com point at multiple A records, for
multiple servers? After all, a single name in DNS can return
more than one A record.
Eric Schnoebelen eric at cirr.com http://www.cirr.com
Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?
More information about the Operators